PivotTables with same Date slicer?

ljubo_gr

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello!
Question: Is it possible to have ONE Date slicer for TWO or more, UNCASHED PivotTables, which are from ONE excel table?

I have one Table1, from which are two PivotTables(cashed). In first pivot table I have Date grouped by Months&Years. In second I would like to have grouped by Dates(D/M/Y), and need to have ONE slicer in which I select Month&Year to sort me first P.table by MonthYear and second by that monthYear but displayed like(D/M/Y).They (P.tables) are on same sheet. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Hello,

Have you explored the Report Connections option that is a submenu of a slicer? This is accessed by right-clicking the slicer header and then selecting the tables that you want the slicer to apply to.

Upvote 0
Heil,
Yes, I am. There is no second PivotTable2 in the list!? Only PivotTable1 is shown, albite I tried cashed&uncashed PivotTable solutions.

Upvote 0
I resolved this by using ALT+D+P, for some reason Tab-Insert>PivotTable is not quite effective as PivotWizzard. Also, I was using excel2016 to solve this, deleted both PivotTable1 and 2, and then started from scratch.
NEW problem, how to get PivotChart title from timeline slicer, or some kind of formula, to extract month&year from range of cells? If there is more than one month&year value show (All), If there is single month&year value show in cell A1=december 2016, later I'll direct chart title to A1. This will not work: =TEXT(B3:B333,"mmmm") ...don't know!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
russell, thank you very much! if you have precious time, look my other questions...

Upvote 0
Hi - Sorry for the delay...yes, I had fun while away. ;)

So I think that the solution you are looking for is to actually have your pivot tables cached to your one data source. Then you can format the dates in the one table as individual dates, and in the other as months. Then you can have a slicer that will filter both tables. Check out this link, it does a good job explaining the formats. I was able to create 2 pivots as you describe above in a couple of minutes. Let us know how it goes.

Grouping Dates in Pivot Tables - Show Pivot Reports by Month, Quarter, Week or Hour of Day | Chandoo.org - Learn Microsoft Excel Online

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back