Please help before the Wife kills me

Greg92

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
A month of trying but I can't solve this so please help me!!! I have a sheet for sports trading, within this sheet I have prices for the first 3 selections in the market. The prices have been converted from fractional odds to decimal odds and then into a numbers which run 1 to 350 . From this I've setup up 3 moving averages and volume for each selection . I have a countdown clock which runs from 780 seconds out to start of event. Each second updates on new row so each column with Price , MA1,MA2,MA3,Volume dynamically updates ever second for each selection. So A2 Price B2 MA1,C2 MA2,D2 MA3, E2 VOLUME, F2 Signal MA1/2 CROSSOVER G2 MA2/3CROSSOVER H2 Volume signal. I use IF statements for the signals =IF(B2>C2),1,0 and the same for other triggers. Now the problem!! The only time I want to place a trade is if these triggers happen in order so THE MA1 crosses MA2 Trigger, MA2 crosses MA3 trigger . VOLUME trigger so I can't just SUM column as I'm getting 1,0 all the way down but it only works if they are in the order above so can't take any signals that happen before signal 1 . Hope this makes sense, just a note MA = moving average.
Many thanks for reading and hopefully helping me Greg

But I've sent the fella I bought bot from email to see if he can see why ?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
But I've sent the fella I bought bot from email to see if he can see why ?
Hi All,
I just I'd finish the thread with a huge thank you to Offthelip for all his help and advice , he really saved the day ??. I also wanted to say his solution worked a treat and it was the fact that I didn't type a cell reference in property and earlier deleting of a column which corrupted an early part of the sheet and made the lock VBA sensitive to error . Once again thanks so much to Offthelip, a real Gent

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back