Please Help! Excel Power Query Query data directly to txt file?

Maggie Barr

Board Regular
Greetings, and thank you in advance if you can assist.
I am running MS Office Pro 2019, so Access and Excel Power Query 2019 on a PC.
I have a series of databases in both Access and Excel. I tend to do some preliminary data handling and modifications in Access and take the output from those into Excel Power Query for final data work and manipulations. I resorted to this method as there was no way to do it all in one program or the other because of the file sizes and complexity of manipulations. I have also had to split my Access databases over time as the data sizes grow.

I recently was unable to do a simple union query in Access and it is telling me that either the database size is too big (actually only 444 KB) or there is not enough memory (16 GB). Well, I trimmed the database to just the two files I am trying to union. One is 3,504,398 records and the other 1,717. Doesn't seem that big, as they are linked tables only. No matter what, I couldn't get the UNION to work.

I opened a workbook in Excel, loaded the data via the txt files to the data model (connections only), did the union there fine, but I cannot figure out how to export that query as a txt file, which is what I need to bring the data into my next database. I cannot load it to a table because the record number is too high. I have looked online for how to do this, but I am not using Power BI, but Excel with Power Query. Can anyone please tell me there is a way to simply export data from a query to a txt file, and how to do it.
Much appreciation, as this is stumping me and holding me up big time.
Best Wishes,
Maggie Barr

Maggie
Thanks for the feedback and happy to hear that your project is working for you.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
screechyboy79

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back