Please Help ! Find and Replace data from a linked Excel Sheet !

gestionaire

Hi!
here is my question. I have a shift schedule made up with excel. The schedule shows, through out the month, when the employees are early shift (E), late shift (L), when they are off (X), when they are on sick leave (SL), sick leave without pay (SLWOP) or leave without pay (LWOP). What i would like to do is have this same schedule printed without the SL, SLWOP, LWOP and have them replaced with an X. When I look at the electronic version of the schedule, I want to be able to see SL, SLWOP... but not on the copy that comes out of the printer. I have tried copying and pasting special (link) but then, on the new excel page, I can't do much since it takes all the information from page 1.

Just so you guys know, I have tried different formulas (IF, REPLACE) but because i wish to keep the original schedule to show the real information, I had to paste linked the entire data into a new sheet. When i try formulas, it keep on giving me errors as it always refer to sheet one where it gets its information from.

I hope my explanations are clear enough. I have been working on this project for a while now and still can't figure out how to do it. The only way I found is to copy and paste linked to Word. Then FINS/Replace all terms mentioned above with X. This is time consuming so I wish this could be done automatically on the print version.

All the help you can provide is much appreciated.

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
I forgot to mention that I also tried making up a legend like: SL = 1 , SLWOP = 1... using the formula - IF - and I got it working on one column. I would have to repeat the whole formulas for every day of the months, for every employes...

Again, any help you can provide is good help !!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adamsxl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back