Please help! how to change pivot table default update display from expanded to collapsed

Power_Spint

Hello, I am new to this forum but could really use some help with this dilemma..

I have a series of pivot tables that i am using to display different sets of information based on different criteria for about 40 separate reports. Each report is on a separate tab. All of the pivot tables are displaying information from the same data source, however, i have applied a few levels of filtering to each pivot table so that they only display the data that each specific tab is responsible to report on. With all the pivot table details turned off, i was able to get the info i need, per tab, per report, to display as individual line items and to update automatically as new info is extracted into the main data dump list tab which all other tabs draw their data from.

The problem: When the report refreshes and the pivot tables all update, if there was a change in the data for any specific report, the pivot table defaults to an expanded view. Even though i have the expand/collapse indicator turned off.

My question: Can the pivot table default be changed to collapsed view? If so, how do I change pivot table default update display from expanded to collapsed? How should i go about doing this? Going through 40+ tabs and manually collapsing the filter results per table is not an option.

Thank you for your time. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattDRT

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back