Please help me! If E2 contains the date "2014" then F2 data is duplicated to L2 if F2 data is larger than zero.

Matthew Kelley

I am new to the forum and I need technical help desperately. I need a formula to deal with 3 columns of data all on the same row on my financial spreadsheet. Column E contains dates of receiving interest income entered in this way "5/30/2014". Column F contains the interest earned amounts entered in this way "$25". I need a formula that duplicates my interest income data($25) from F to column L which is interest payments received in 2014. The formula needs to recognize the 2014 from the date and automatically put my gain into column L. The formula needs to ignore and NOT duplicate negative values from F into column L.
If someone here has the solution I would be so grateful.

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Things seem to work a little differently in my version of excel, I think because I'm in the UK - so my excel doesn't recognise 5/30/2014 as a date (but would recognise 30/05/2014) and doesn't recognise dollars as currency, it sees $25 as text but £25 as a value of 25 ... I assume that yours works in the opposite way, in which case, this "should" work :) if your excel works the same as mine, then there are alternatives.

=IF(F3<0,"",IF(YEAR(E3)=2014,F3,""))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back