Please Help Me With My Stock Portfolio Spreadsheet

TeachMeExcelPlease

Hi, I am slowly trying to learn Excel and my recent project has been to create a stock tracker that calculates every trade and how much I made/lost, my account balance, etc. I am starting with $1000 and trying to see how long it takes to double my account.

The spreadsheet is nearly complete but there's one column I can't figure out. I'd like to track how much available money I have to invest at any given time. I have my present account value in cell (M3). I have another column (G) which contains the total cost of that particular trade. Finally, I have a column (E) which is where I put the selling price once I've exited the trade.

What I'd like to do is subtract my total account value - the cost of all the stocks I haven't yet sold.. So, M3 - the total cost (G) of any cell that doesn't have anything in column E.

I hope this makes sense. I've added a screenshot of my spreadsheet in case that helps. If I am not calculating this formula correctly to give me how much I have to invest at any given moment, please let me know. I'm terrible with numbers.

Thanks in advance!!

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back