Not open for further replies.

Jyggalag

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Dear all,

I am currently having some issues with a mix of IFERROR, INDEX, MATCH and TRANSPOSE and ROWS formula in Excel:

I have the current sheet of data:

1631868405520.png

The formula and the data links to this test sheet of data:

1631868433271.png

Now I have done about 90% of the work (I hope), seen as my IferrorIndexMatchRows formula correctly links to the test data and grants me the number I want for No. of Companies (stated as No. of comparables in test sheet, since I want to ignore if they have different names here) and I get the number 20 in Cell C3 in my test data sheet.

However, if I
pull the data down alongside my column C in my test sheet, as you can all see, it keeps returning the value 20. I think I can fix this in the final INDEX-formula by not binding cell J1 in my test data sheet, which means that if I pull the data horizontally (as seen in my small test example marked in blue in my Test sheet) I get the correct numbers.

The issue that I am facing is that I want to be able to pull my data DOWN and still get the correct results. I think I need to use a transpose formula for this and I have so far tried to do it myself without much success.

Can anybody help me on what my formula should look like please? I have taken an old formula I used 1 year ago, so I also do not understand my formula very well, I just know that it works. Apologies for the inconvenience! Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!! :)

Please let me know if you need more data or information!

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back