Please help! Sensitivity/What-if Analysis

BullCity

Hi All,

I'm looking to do a two-variable what-if sensitivity analysis, however, instead of just doing a simple sensitivity to a row cell and a column cell, I would like to shift an entire array as the column and row variables (see below).

The reason being that I have multiple "consumer products" (32 of them to be exact) and I'm trying to do a sensitivity analysis to all products at once to see the total aggregate impact, rather than building a what-if table for each product individually and then adding all 32 tables together.

To give a more clear example, array 1 might be cost of the product for each of the 32 products and array 2 might be quantity sold for each of the 32 products. I then have a cell that adds up all the revenue for all 32 individual products, which is what I want to run the sensitivity of price and quantity to.

I realized this may not be possible using the what-if tool in excel (I don't think you can do arrays).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

=Formula summing result for all 32 productsShift Array 1 Down 10%Shift Array 1 Down 5%Shift Array 1 Up 5%Shift Array 1 Up 10%
Shift Array 2 Down 10%ResultsResultsResultsResults
Shift Array 2 Down 5%ResultsResultsResultsResults
Shift Array 2 Up 5%ResultsResultsResultsResults
Shift Array 2 Up 10%ResultsResultsResultsResults

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Hi shg,

Thanks for the input but I don't think that's quite what I'm looking for. The table what-if analysis only lets you vary a single cell at once for two different variables. I have two variables, but I need to vary many cells (basically an array). Did my example about consumer products make sense?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back