Please help

perfecttip

I have a sheet which fetches stocks data from the web and copies them in different fields. All these fields keep getting refreshed every minute and more often than not, they change.
What I am looking for is this:
A sheet which will have a full row dedicated to timestamps. Beneath that row, will appear these stock names which are appearing in my current sheet. One row will be dedicated to each stock name and the more number of times it appears in my current sheet, it gets appended to the new sheet beneath the timestamp at which it was fetched. If any name appears for the first time, it gets a place at the bottom of all the names in the 1st column.Maybe this will require a lot of size horizontally, and hence we may replace the text my some small indicative text or colour.
Now say at 9 am, my sheet shows X,Y and Z. At 9.05 am, it shows X, Y, Z and B. At 9.10 am, it shows X,Z, A and B.
then the required sheet should be as follows.
At 9 am, the first column in the first row will show 9 am. The there will appear three more rows beneath with X, Y and Z in them. At 9.05. the first column will have one added field containing B and the row of B will contain an indicator underneath the 9.05 am column and so on.

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
appending values

If I have a column of text values which fetch data from the web and get refreshed every minute and if I want that every new value gets appended at a separate row ( of course in another column) and if a value is ever repeated by the refreshing, then it gets appended beside its previous entry with timestamp, how do i do this ?

Upvote 0
Illustration

Sheet 1 at say 10 am

A
B
C
D
E

Sheet 1 at 10.05 am

A
P
B
C
Q
D
S
T

Sheet 1 at 10.12 am

P
C
E

Sheet 2 ( the required sheet)

A A
10.00 10.05
B B
10.00 10.05
C C C
10.00 10.05 10.12
D D
10.00 10.05
E E
10.00 10.12
P P
10.05 10.12
Q
S
T

Upvote 0
Re: appending values

yes, it is the same query I have.. Just thought that I could not explain well in the previous thread, hence put it afresh. Please help..
thanks

Upvote 0

please not that it is required to have the values in different cells, it is nit being displayed properly over here.. for example, E E is two E's in adjacent cells and so on..

Upvote 0

OK, are you sure you want your end data set out like that? I ask because that layout could make further data analysis very difficult! IMHO it would be much more flexible to end up with

A 10.00
A 10.05
B 10.00
B 10.00
C 10.00
C 10.05
C 10.12

etc etc

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmarick

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back