Please Help

Cybernut39

I have two groups of cells on a work sheet G10:M42 and O10:U42 in group G10:M42 I have a drop down combobox in each cell that contain names. I will not get into all the details but when you select a name in the cell it populates a number in a cell in the other group ( ex: if a name was selected in G10 it would populate a number in O10 select a name in H10 it would populate a number in P10 etc.) I would like to have all the names in a list and as a name is selected in group G10:M42 it would add the corresponding numbers from group O10:U42 in the colum next to the list. Im new to this so Im sure I did not explain it well so feel free to email me at ralph@hvc.rr.com and thanks for any help.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
welcome to the board!

a little hard to follow. could you post w/ Colo's HTML Maker (bottom of page) for us visual people :)

Upvote 0
How do the cells O10:U42 know what number to use when you select the name in the first group of cells? There must be some logic, or a table, something somewhere to tell Excel what to populate the secondary cells with? If so, that is the source of your data for your list. Or is it a random number?

Richard

Upvote 0
i don't think i'm seeing what you are asking to be accomplished here. from what i can surmise of your question, you have answered it already from your calculation in column V.

from what you have posted, what is it that you desire as the outcome? if it would help, could you post a mock set-up of the outcome?

Upvote 0
Im sorry Im not verry good at explaining things, under the program that i have posted i will have the names that are in the cells so where I have dawn in my list under the program i want it now to have 8 in the sell next to her name. if i would also put her name in I10 I want it to take the number from Q:10 and add it to 8 result 16 the numbers in O10:U13 may be different depending on the time I put in.

Upvote 0
you know, maybe i don't get it. but what it sounds like you want is alternating columns?? name, #, name, #?? and if this is the case, why don't you just cut/paste your columns? very easy with excel xp.

right click column O -> cut, right click column H -> Insert cut columns (not paste), and so-on and so-forth. this should move your references also.

post back w/ further info if needed please.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back