Please Need to have an Idea

Jacko1996

I'm required to build a 'weather station' in Excel that brings in the daily rainfall for a Bureau of Meteorology weather station selected by the user. You must give the user at least three options of weather stations to choose from including Nambour. Also make sure that as other stations are added, this is added to the list the user can choose from.
Create an interface into the rainfall data, which includes as a minimum:

1. A histogram of the monthly data that refers to a) all the data, and b) a single (or range of months) selected by the user.
  2. A time-series graph of all the data.
  3. A graph showing the number of rain days in each month.
I know this is huge but if someone could tell me what to do with this.

So far I have got the three weather stations and have looped it through to chuck out all the **** data. However should of I recorded a macro when doing this.
I want this to be so whatever .csv you open up the data will automatically update the data to the histogram and all the graphs. This is due soon and if someone is able to walk through this with me it would be amazing.
Please I'm desperate.
Thank you

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
I'm not sure I understand exactly what you have already accomplished and what you still need help with?
Can you be a little more specific with what functionality you are specifically needing help with?
I am assuming you already have the charts set up based on the available data and it is just the csv data that you need to figure out how to 'pull'.
How are you selecting the options for the Meteorologic data (is it already stored locally)?

Upvote 0
OK sorry was not very brief. So basically I want to set up a excel document to lick a button and drag in any .csv file and all the information on that csv updates to the charts and all that. However i cant figure out how to do that if I do all the charts on the one csv file, how i make it update to different information for the others. The data i have now is just stored, but i want it to be so the user can pick any one she wants. Thanks

Upvote 0
So to elaborate on above, I imported data into excel document, and made a pivot table out of that. So firstly I want to make a pivot chart and it updates with the months selected. Someone told me to do this but I'm not sure how to do it

mvar = 1

range (A1:a20).select
while range is true then
worksheet("name").range("B1").formula = "=countif(condition, MVAR, condition, X, condition y)"
mvar = mvar +1

next range
end if

so mvar is the name of the month, this would loop the entire lot from 10-20 so 10.
If you only wanted a selection (say first 3) you could add more code to setup user inputs
so set your cell or input box to a variable (eg if its a cell)
userCell = worksheet("name").range("A1").value

Then change the range on the top of the code to
range("A1:A" & usercell ).select

and that will only do the countif based on the range selected. You could just set up a msgbox to do it as well. But anything will do the trick

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back