Please someone help me!

weetamc

Good morning everyone, I hope this is the place I can get some help with this....ill try to keep this problem short:

I have a spreadsheet for absence. Our corporate trigger levels where an employee progresses to a stage of absence are 6 days in a row,4 weeks in a row, 3 months in a row and or four separate absences within a rolling year. Now the sheet I have set up every time someone is absent I type the number 1 into the cell corresponding to the date and i have it counting the number of days absent in another cell. What i would like to do (if this is possible) is to have a pop up message appear when the count reaches 6 days and or 4 seperate occasions (this would need to somehow count any absences under six days as one absence until this reaches four?)
I know its all very confusing if you think your able to offer me some help i will try to simplify the explanation....one massive thanks in advance...

Tam
Scotland

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Good morning everyone, I hope this is the place I can get some help with this....ill try to keep this problem short:

I have a spreadsheet for absence. Our corporate trigger levels where an employee progresses to a stage of absence are 6 days in a row,4 weeks in a row, 3 months in a row and or four separate absences within a rolling year. Now the sheet I have set up every time someone is absent I type the number 1 into the cell corresponding to the date and i have it counting the number of days absent in another cell. What i would like to do (if this is possible) is to have a pop up message appear when the count reaches 6 days and or 4 seperate occasions (this would need to somehow count any absences under six days as one absence until this reaches four?)
I know its all very confusing if you think your able to offer me some help i will try to simplify the explanation....one massive thanks in advance...

Tam
Scotland

Could you show me some example data please? I need to see the formatting of your sheet. But yes, I can do this easily.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbone Mathonsi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back