plotting a chart, disregarding certain values.

Tacixa

Hi all,

I am trying to create a workbook that plots a line chart of two data sets. the problem i am running into is that some of the time-stamps from one set will not match up with the others, and thus need to be ignored. i managed to do this with if statements easily, and currently, any non matching time and value is replaced by NA(). however, as i am trying to make this workbook future-proof, i want the chart to plot any non NA() value over 20,000 rows.

Currently, the axis including all the NA() in its min and max values (meaning that the data is scaled to fit on only 1/10th of the overall plotting area, and the rest is empty).

Is there any way to avoid this from happening without using pivot tables or VBA?

Regards,

Tacixa

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Consider organizing the data in one table, leaving cells empty when there is no data and then use a scatter plot, X=dates, Y1=1st data series, Y2=2nd data series.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back