Plotting a graph from a single cell

holiday

Board Regular
Hi

I really need some help :confused:

I need to know, can I plot a graph (ongoing plotting each value) from just ONE single cell which constantly updates it's value? (I have a third party datafeed hooked up to one single cell in Excel 2000 [yes, the old one :biggrin: ] and it updates quickly in realtime automatically throughout the day). But I need to trace the history of the values, plot a graph of all the values which ever show up in that single, in other words.

Also, I need to date and time stamp each new plot on the X axis of the graph (only when a new figure appears in the cell). So, for example, my one and only "datacell" (say, A1!) which is linked to an external datafeed is showing "145.87541" at 12:30:45 on 27/04/05. I need that time and date on the X axis which the number as the plot. Then that cell changes value 2 seconds later to "145.87587" at 12:30:47 on 27/04/04. Now I need that second plot on the graph at the correct time/date stamp so I am constantly plotting the history of the value onwards (potentially forever!) using just that one, automatically updating, cell. THANKS!!! :biggrin:

Oh PS: if anyone actually knows how many plots my graph could possible ever have as a maximum in Excel - please could you tell me?! THANKS AGAIN!!!!!

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Hi.

Max number of data point in a 2D chart = 32,000

Re the plotting, there isn't any in-built way of doing that - first, you have to store all the data points as they come in. For help with that first, post more about your file set-up

Upvote 0
Max series in a chart = 255
Max points in a 2D series = 32,000
Max points in a chart = 256,000

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back