Plotting line graphs within excel cells without using sparklines?

DRAJL

Sparklines are too limited in formatting options for what I need to do, and it would be really easy if I could just embed a line graph into a cell, with all the needed formatting parameters, then drag that over to cells below to replicate the same on other data sets. Is it possible to do this?

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Welcome to the forum.

In a word, no. You can't simply copy charts down/across. You'll need to reset the source data range for each chart that you create - code is usually the simplest way for that, though I'm curious as to how much formatting you need to apply to a chart small enough to sit in a cell?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the welcome.

though I'm curious as to how much formatting you need to apply to a chart small enough to sit in a cell?

I stretch out the cells, so the plots are large enough to be meaningful at a quick glance. For the formatting, need more flexibility showing the median axis, horizontal lines demarcating the range (min/max), standard deviation for each data point.

Any suggestions on the code that would do that?

Upvote 0
Assuming you have an existing chart set up correctly, we can just copy it and then paste and adjust it. Where to the charts go (column and start row) and which column should they get their data from?

Upvote 0
Assuming you have an existing chart set up correctly, we can just copy it and then paste and adjust it. Where to the charts go (column and start row) and which column should they get their data from?
As it is, I have these displayed as sparklines starting at P2 and going down vertially, with next data set at P3, then P4, etc. Source data starts at 'Sheet2'!D2:T2.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
If you don't already have a chart set up, you will need to do that first to get all the formatting as you want it so that the code can then simply copy it for each row.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca142

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back