Pls help how to Add multiple rows with same value of combobox through userform

Sany_s11

I have created a userform
Which have a combobox and a text box, save button.

Now when i select a value say"ABCD" in combo box, i will mention say number as "5".
Now when i click on save button, then 5 rows of value "ABCD" should be created in excel cells in the column i specify. And next time i select any other value or the same value it should repeat for the next available cell in the same column. and so on.

Please help with the code in VB to achieve this.

My Aswer Is This

So you want to always enter the value 5 times?
If not how do you plan to tell the script how many times?

And you said:
excel cells in the column i specify

How do you plan to specify what column?

My Aswer Is This

Assuming you want a Inputbox to ask how many times.
And assuming you want these values entered into column A

And assuming you plan to select the values from a list of values in the ComboBox1

Try this:

Put this script in the ComboBox

Code:
Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
'Modified  11/10/2019  8:21:44 AM  EST
Dim Lastrow As Long
Lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row + 1
Dim ans As Long
ans = InputBox("How Many Times")
Cells(Lastrow, 1).Resize(ans).Value = ComboBox1.Value
End Sub

Sany_s11

Thank you, it did help by adding rows as expected. But i don`t want a new dialog box to pop up. I have both combobox and input box in the same user form. So i have added a text field below the combobox, after selecting the value in the combobox i will have to mention the number in the text box and once i click save button in the same user form the values should be populated in cells.

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
How about
Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Resize(Me.TextBox1.Value).Value = Me.ComboBox1.Value
End Sub

Sany_s11

How about
Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Resize(Me.TextBox1.Value).Value = Me.ComboBox1.Value
End Sub

Superb, It worked.... Thanks a lot. I am a new learner may be need help for any more queries.. Thanks a lot

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Glad to help & thanks for the feedback

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwayssunny

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Problem with Radio Button's format control
    I am creating an employee evaluation template (a sample is below) Column A is the category Column B, C D, E and F will be ratings (unacceptable...
  • Last Display on userform to a Listbox
    [CODE=vba] lstdisplay.ColumnCount = 15 lstdisplay.RowSource = "A1:O600000" [/CODE] So when i do this it Displays everything on the sheet i am...
  • Rename and move files to a new location
    Dear all, I have an excel file with the following information. The actual file name is at column A but i want to rename it using the following...
  • Help with True/False Formula
    Hello! Am stumped how to fix this formula, in which my result returns 'True', but it should return False. =IF(AG2=True...
  • Clear extra characters from a provided range of cells
    Dear All, I have following code which gives me desired output to remove extra characters from a provided range. But it takes too much time when...
  • Help with Current and highest streaks
    Hi there, I've just joined the forum and this is my first post. I've already spent quite a bit of time searching the net and this forum for a...