Pointing to appropriate cells via formula with variables

roxdrob

[FONT=&quot]Full Disclosure: I posted a version of this on one of the other Excel Forums last night, but I haven't received an answer. I'm hoping you guys can help[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What I'm trying to do is create a product title for many different products based on type, color, and whether it has a charm or connector or both. I did a lot of concatenating to get the results I want. I've probably done everything the hard way, so I thought I would throw this out here and see if anyone could tell me if there is an easier way of doing things. The majority of the work is done in the first tab. The 2nd tab is basically a scratch sheet for me.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I would also like to know: Is it possible to do a vlookup on a table that has a concatenated string and somehow in the formula tell it to change the place holder variable to the correct cell in the main sheet? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Apparently I can't attach anything.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks in advance[/FONT]

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Here is the formula I'm using:

="Women's Handmade "&D2&" Adjustable Stackable Statement Bracelet "&IF(AND(E2<>"",ISBLANK(F2))," with a "&PROPER(E2)&" Charm",IF(AND(ISBLANK(E2),F2<>"")," with a "&PROPER(F2)&" Connector",IF(AND(ISBLANK(F2),ISBLANK(E2)),"",IF(E2<>""&F2<>""," with a "&PROPER(E2)&" Charm and a "&PROPER(F2)&" Connector",""))))

InventoryNrColorCharmConnectorTitle/Descripton
ADJ1SilverLeafWomen's Handmade Silver Adjustable Stackable Statement Bracelet with a Leaf Connector
ADJ3Black & BlueHandcuffsWomen's Handmade Black & Blue Adjustable Stackable Statement Bracelet with a Handcuffs Charm
ADJ4White, Blue, Red & SilverWomen's Handmade White, Blue, Red & Silver Adjustable Stackable Statement Bracelet
ADJ5Blue & BlackHandcuffsWomen's Handmade Blue & Black Adjustable Stackable Statement Bracelet with a Handcuffs Charm
ADJ6Silverround "breathe"filigreeWomen's Handmade Silver Adjustable Stackable Statement Bracelet with a Round "Breathe" Charm and a Filigree Connector
ADJ7SilverskullWomen's Handmade Silver Adjustable Stackable Statement Bracelet with a Skull Connector
ADJ8Aqua "Best Friends" SetWomen's Handmade Aqua Adjustable Stackable Statement Bracelet with a "Best Friends" Set Charm
ADJ9SilverTiny HeartWomen's Handmade Silver Adjustable Stackable Statement Bracelet with a Tiny Heart Charm
ANK2136CoralWomen's Handmade Coral Beaded Anklet
ANK2137BlackWomen's Handmade Black Beaded Anklet
ANK2138BlueWomen's Handmade Blue Beaded Anklet

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

ColorCharmConnector
BlackPandaLove
Type
ADJWomen's Handmade Love Adjustable Stackable Statement Bracelet
ANKDunglebees Women's Handmade Beaded Anklet a Panda Charm and a Love Connector
APBDunglebees Women's Handmade Anglican Prayer Beads Episcopal Rosary a Panda Charm and a Love Connector
BAEDunglebees Women's Handmade Beaded Bracelet & Earring Set a Panda Charm and a Love Connector
BKMDunglebees Women's Handmade Beaded Bookmark a Panda Charm and a Love Connector
BRCDunglebees Women's Handmade Black Beaded Stackable Statement Bracelet with a Panda Charm and a Love Connector
CARDunglebees Women's Handmade Beaded Car Charm, Rearview Mirror Hangler, Car Accessory a Panda Charm and a Love Connector
EARDunglebees Women's Handmade Beaded Fishhook Pierced Earrings a Panda Charm and a Love Connector

<colgroup><col width="64" span="4" style="width:48pt"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
Full Disclosure: I posted a version of this on one of the other Excel Forums last night, but I haven't received an answer.

Can you please post a link to your thread on the other Forum as per the rules (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules).

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back