Poker Hand Coverter Using VBA Cell Extraction Macros

DDE

Hi everyone,

I use a poker game simulator called Poker Academy Pro 2.5, and their website www.Poker-Academy.com has been down for quite awhile now so I am unable to post requests in their forum. Though there is no guarantee that they would make software changes based on my request alone.

Anyway, their software compiles hand histories which can be exported as text files for analysis. I am trying to analyze my play using a third-party database import & analysis software called PokerTracker 3. Unfortunately the format of the hand history data in Poker Academy Pro does not match any format recognized by PokerTracker 3 (I also posted a request on PokerTracker 3 forums for a solution, but was turned down as well).

Therefore, what I hope to accomplish is a VBA script / macro that will automatically convert the hand format. I have attempted using various methods (including extracting words and letters from alphanumeric columns, and placing them into different columns, and also using "mid" functions, and a few other techniques) however, I have beginner level programming skills.

This might be a lengthy job (even for you expert programmers), so if you could please provide some general hints as to how I can go about accomplishing this? I can upload a sample of hand histories from both hand formats to a file host for anyone interested in tackling this problem if required.

Also, here is a screen cap of what I am trying to achieve:

http://oi56.tinypic.com/rtjnnb.jpg

Regards.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back