Pop up message to be displayed

friendlydue2000

Board Regular
Hi

I have a problem in getting a Pop up message in excel. I dont know whether formula can do the trick or should i take a help of micro.Kindly advise which is preferable and the solution for the same.

The problem is :-

I have 2 conditions and if any of the condition comes true , i want a pop up stating that "you have to calculate"( It should serve like a reminder).

Condition 1: In cell B if i insert "CA", and in cell E if i insert "no" and in cell G if i insert "lease".. I want a pop up stating "you have to calculate"

Condition 2: In cell B if i insert "TX" and in cell H if i insert "yes".. I should get a pop up "you have to calculate"

Awaiting a reply.

Thanks

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.

Weaver

I'm not sure I understand completely what you're asking, but I do know that to get any kind of message box to appear, you're going to have to go down the VB macro route

indiantrix

Try placing this formula in Cell I6 (or adjust the formula accordingly) Its not a "popup", and others may offer a better solution with "popup". This will display what you want in the appropriate cell in Column I. Hope this can help you.
=IF(OR(AND(B6="ca",E6="no",G6="lease"),AND(B6="tx",H6="yes")),"You have to RECALCULATE!","")

friendlydue2000

Board Regular
Hi

Thanks for the formula.. It has given me some good idea. This was really helpfull.. Thanks a zillion.. :)

friendlydue2000

Board Regular

ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks for sending the link of macro. But the problem is i dont have a VB code or script for it. so can u help me in sending the script so that i can get a pop up when the condition which i give is true. I just want this pop up as a reminder, so that the particular step is not been missed out.

I had sent you the condition in my earler mail.Thus by seeing that is it possible for you to send the script.

Awaiting a positive reply

Thanks

indiantrix

Glad to help you, Friendly. Since I do not have familiarity with VBA code, someone else may offer to help with your macro needs.
/s/ Larry.

indiantrix

ADVERTISEMENT

Glad to help you, Friendly. Since I do not have familiarity with VBA code, someone else may offer to help with your macro needs. Sorry for double post!
/s/ Larry.

Last edited:

friendlydue2000

Board Regular
oh thats ok!! Well can anyone else help me in this.. As its very urgent for me.

I need a VBA code...

AlphaFrog

MrExcel MVP
Right-click on the sheet tab that you want this to work on and select "View Code" from the pop-up menu. Paste the code below in the VBA edit window.

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    Dim r As Long

If Target.Count = 1 And Not Intersect(Target, Range("B:B, E:E, G:H")) Is Nothing Then

r = Target.Row

If (UCase(Range("B" & r)) = "CA" And UCase(Range("E" & r)) = "NO" And UCase(Range("G" & r)) = "LEASE") Or _
           (UCase(Range("B" & r)) = "TX" And UCase(Range("H" & r)) = "YES") Then

MsgBox "You have to calculate.", vbCritical, "Alert!"

End If
    End If
End Sub

Last edited:

mikerickson

MrExcel MVP
A non-VB solution would be to select a cell in row 1 and set Validation with this formula

=AND(OR($B9<>"TX",$H9<>"yes"),OR($B9<>"CA",$E9<>"no",$G9<>"lease"))

and the Error Message set will pop-up when desired.

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdulmemon

This Week's Hot Topics

• Sort code advice please
    Hi, I have the code below which im trying to edit but getting a little stuck. This was the original code which worked fine,columns A-F would sort...
  • SUMPRODUCT with nested If statement
    Hi everyone, Hope you're all well. I'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction with a problem I'm having with a SUMPRODUCT...
  • VBA - simple sort is killing me!
    Hello all! This should be so easy, but not for me, apparently! I have a table of data that can be of varying lengths and widths. My current macro...
  • Compare Two Lists
    I have two Lists and I need to be able to Identify differences between them. List 100 comes from a workbook - the other is downloaded form the...
  • Formula that deducts points for each code I input.
    I am trying to create a formula that will have each student in my class start at 100 points and then for each code that I enter (PP for Poor...
  • Conditional formatting formula required for day of week and a value
    Hi, I have a really simple spreadsheet where column A is the date, column B is the activity total shown as a number and column C states the day of...