Pop up message to be displayed

friendlydue2000

Board Regular
Hi

I have a problem in getting a Pop up message in excel. I dont know whether formula can do the trick or should i take a help of micro.Kindly advise which is preferable and the solution for the same.

The problem is :-

I have 2 conditions and if any of the condition comes true , i want a pop up stating that "you have to calculate"( It should serve like a reminder).

Condition 1: In cell B if i insert "CA", and in cell E if i insert "no" and in cell G if i insert "lease".. I want a pop up stating "you have to calculate"

Condition 2: In cell B if i insert "TX" and in cell H if i insert "yes".. I should get a pop up "you have to calculate"

Awaiting a reply.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
I'm not sure I understand completely what you're asking, but I do know that to get any kind of message box to appear, you're going to have to go down the VB macro route

Upvote 0
Try placing this formula in Cell I6 (or adjust the formula accordingly) Its not a "popup", and others may offer a better solution with "popup". This will display what you want in the appropriate cell in Column I. Hope this can help you.
=IF(OR(AND(B6="ca",E6="no",G6="lease"),AND(B6="tx",H6="yes")),"You have to RECALCULATE!","")

Upvote 0
Thanks for sending the link of macro. But the problem is i dont have a VB code or script for it. so can u help me in sending the script so that i can get a pop up when the condition which i give is true. I just want this pop up as a reminder, so that the particular step is not been missed out.

I had sent you the condition in my earler mail.Thus by seeing that is it possible for you to send the script.

Awaiting a positive reply

Thanks

Upvote 0
Glad to help you, Friendly. Since I do not have familiarity with VBA code, someone else may offer to help with your macro needs.
/s/ Larry.

Upvote 0
Glad to help you, Friendly. Since I do not have familiarity with VBA code, someone else may offer to help with your macro needs. Sorry for double post!
/s/ Larry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Right-click on the sheet tab that you want this to work on and select "View Code" from the pop-up menu. Paste the code below in the VBA edit window.

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    Dim r As Long

If Target.Count = 1 And Not Intersect(Target, Range("B:B, E:E, G:H")) Is Nothing Then

r = Target.Row

If (UCase(Range("B" & r)) = "CA" And UCase(Range("E" & r)) = "NO" And UCase(Range("G" & r)) = "LEASE") Or _
           (UCase(Range("B" & r)) = "TX" And UCase(Range("H" & r)) = "YES") Then

MsgBox "You have to calculate.", vbCritical, "Alert!"

End If
    End If
End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A non-VB solution would be to select a cell in row 1 and set Validation with this formula

=AND(OR($B9<>"TX",$H9<>"yes"),OR($B9<>"CA",$E9<>"no",$G9<>"lease"))

and the Error Message set will pop-up when desired.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back