Pop Up showing not all cells filled in?

Marq

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Using 360

Is it possible to create a pop up to appear on the screen showing not all cells that require a value have not been filled out?

I have this estimating tool, and the first tab called "Summary" is where the contractor choses the estimation criteria such as billing rates, crafts, specs, etc..etc.

Some cells are MANDATORY to be populated and to indicate these cells I made the cells red with instructions big and bold saying :ALL RED CELLS MYST BE POPULATED BEFORE SUBMITTING ESTIMATE

Well there is one group of cells they keep forgetting to populate, which is the estimate crew sizes for each craft. I keep reminding them they are forgetting to populate the crew size cells and they correct it for a day or two but go back to "forgetting"

So is there a way to make a pop up window show up basically saying "not all red cells are filled out" and also, maybe, preventing them from moving on to other tabs in the work book tab all red cells are populated?

There are 23 red cells that are mandatory to be filled out..they keep forgetting to fill in 5 of them.

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
I am pretty sure that you will need VBA to do something like this.
Then you just need to determine, what needs to "trigger" that code to run (i.e. before saving, before closing, the update of a particular cell, etc).

I find that in these situations, a better option may be to create an Entry Form (via VBA) where they enter the values into that instead of exactly on the sheet.
Then, when they click the "Submit" button on it, you can have it do all its validation checks, and either then move the entries to the sheet, or pop them a message saying that they missed mandatory fields. By using a Form, you have more direct control over these type of things.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back