Pop up warning if cell value is Day In Month-Wrong

mmsamaddar

Can anybody help,
=IF(Q4<0,"Day In Month-Wrong",IF(Q4>1,Q4,IF(Q4<31,Q4,IF(Q4>31,"Day In Month-Wrong"))))
I want to see a warning pop up message "Your Posting Limit for the month exceeded"

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Have you tried Data Validation? On the Ribbon, go to Data tab and select Data Validation. From there, you can set up what values (or ranges) are allowed and create an "Error Alert" message to appear when wrong data is entered (or an "Input Message" to give guidance/requirements to user)

Upvote 0
Have you tried Data Validation? On the Ribbon, go to Data tab and select Data Validation. From there, you can set up what values (or ranges) are allowed and create an "Error Alert" message to appear when wrong data is entered (or an "Input Message" to give guidance/requirements to user)

Thanks for the response CalcSux78, have tried data validation, but unable to find what I need. I need to find out such as if A1+B1=SUM(A1+B1) will be Not more than 100. If SUM value crossed 100 due to A1 or B1 cell, I can't input there and a pop up message warning "Look up A1 or B1 cell"

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response CalcSux78, have tried data validation, but unable to find what I need. I need to find out such as if A1+B1=SUM(A1+B1) will be Not more than 100. If SUM value crossed 100 due to A1 or B1 cell, I can't input there and a pop up message warning "Look up A1 or B1 cell"

This really just confused me. The formula of IF(SUM(A1,B1)=(A1+B1) will ALWAYS be true, so what is the purpose of evaluating it?

Are you saying, IF(SUM(A1,B1)>100,"Look up A1 or B1 cell","some other result if False") ?

Your second question is different from the first question, so I am not sure I understand what you are after.

Upvote 0
Happy to help. Welcome to the board. Next time use the HTML maker listed in my signature to post your example.... will be much easier for people to see what you need.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back