Pop up Window

jaimed77089

I am looking to add a warning that will pop up, if a cell is not filled in with a Y. The cell should be completed before the workbook is closed. Is there a way to do this?

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Welcome to the Board!

How 'bout something like this:

<font face=tahoma><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Private</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Boolean</SPAN>)
    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> rng <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range
        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> rng = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1")

<SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> rng <> LCase("y") <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN>
            MsgBox "Cell " & rng.Address & " on " & rng.Worksheet.Name & " must be filled in!", _
                vbCritical + vbOKOnly, "Hey, You Forgot Something!"
            Application.Goto rng
            Cancel = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">True</SPAN>
        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN>

<SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN></FONT>

Hope that helps,

Smitty

Upvote 0
Thanks, this has got to be one of the most helpful Excel sites I've used. First, and only, one I've actually joined.

I have a second question, related to the first. This issue just gets better and better. What I'm trying to do, is create a reminder for the user of this report, but I want the reminder to only pop up when they are using, I dont' want our business partners to see it. Any suggestions? It doesn't have to be a pop up window, but it would have to remind them everytime they update the workbook.

Upvote 0
Working with PennySaver's solution I've added the requested functionality.
In this version you must include a hidden sheet in your workbook . This sheet must be named "Users" . In column A of the "Users" sheet you must type in the NT Login names of the "Users" that will be editors. When the "Users" with login names in the list use the book they will be prompted. If their name is not in the list they will not be prompted.

Code:
Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)
    Dim rng As Range
    Dim EditorList As Range

Set EditorList = Sheets("Users").Columns("A:A")

If WorksheetFunction.CountIf(EditorList, Environ("username")) > 0 Then

Set rng = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1")

If rng <> LCase("y") Then
            msg = "Cell " & rng.Address & " on " & rng.Worksheet.Name & " must be filled in!"
            Style = vbCritical + vbOKOnly
            Title = "Hey, You Forgot Something!"
            pt = MsgBox(msg, Style, Title)
            Application.Goto rng
            Cancel = True
        End If

End If ' countif

End Sub

Upvote 0
I actually wanted the pop up when the workbook opened, can you combine your addition, with the following?

Dim myMsg As String
myMsg = "ACBS Reminder"
myMsg = myMsg & vbCr & "Don’t forget to confirm the Excess Held position in ACBS."
MsgBox myMsg
End Sub

Upvote 0
just insert that code in:
Code:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
  '  Code here
End Sub
Smitty

Nice work Nimrod, I like that.

EDIT: You might want to change Nimrod's suggestion a bit so that's it's a stand-alone module that you can call from the Open & Close events, instead of having it twice.

Upvote 0
I'm okay with excel, but far from ya'lls level, so I am going to put it this way. I want a pop up window that will only show if the defined set of users is opening the workbook...can you combine those two strings together?

Upvote 0
I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!! WAY TO GO ME!!! THANK YOU BOTH FOR YOUR HELP, I'M LOOK LIKE A FREAKING GENIUS NOW....

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max_pedreira

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back