Pop up

wcmash

I have a spreadsheet with data in a1-b10 and I would like a popup window that i could move to another screen that someone else is looking at. When i update the data in a1-b10 i would like the changes to be seen in the popup. Is this possible?

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
What do you mean with "move to another screen"? Is it for instance a second screen that you use for your laptop?

What data is in cells A1:B10? Plain text, formulas? How should the popup look like?

Upvote 0
Column A will be Names and Column B will be a score from an applause meter so it will be numbers. Yes I have a laptop and the other screen is a projector that will display the box that is needed.

Thanks

Upvote 0
By far the easiest method to solve this, is to use the "switch window" functionality. Any changes to the sheet will be visible in the other sheet, no need for coding.

Upvote 0
Switch Window??? I don't want any of the toolbars or title bar to be seen just a window with the data.

Upvote 0
Switch Window??? I don't want any of the toolbars or title bar to be seen just a window with the data.

Apologies, I wrote a typo. I meant "New window".

Well, it seems that you cannot move that "second Window" to the second screen, so I am not sure this is the solution.

So maybe you will need to look for a programmatic solution.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I guess that would work but would really like to make this just show data no column letters, row numbers, lines or anything else.

Upvote 0
I guess that would work but would really like to make this just show data no column letters, row numbers, lines or anything else.

Can you move an Excel sheet to that second screen while another one (with the base data) is on your screen?

Upvote 0
Actually no it just moves in the main excel window.

That's what I was fearing.

Can you open up a second Excel APPLICATION (so the program of Excle) rather than a second file in the same Excel application. If possible, you should be able to drag that one to the other sheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back