Pop ups appearing on different monitors

Russk68

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi All
I am on a Mac and use this great search box I purchased from Contextures. The problem that I am having, is when I have multiple monitors and I call up the search form, sometimes it's nowhere to be found and I have to force quit Excel. Is there code that can force all VBA pop ups to appear on top of the Excel no matter which monitor it is on?
Thank you!

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Have you tried asking at Contextures?

(BTW, you may also need to consider what action you want if Excel happens to be on multiple monitors.)

Upvote 0
Hi Peter
On Mac, any window that pops up when using multiple monitors is very difficult to find. I used the Contextures example as this is what I use the most. When VBA windows pop up with errors, I have to unplug the feed to all the monitors to be able to reply to it. Can you further explain what you mean by, considering an action when Excel is on multiple monitors.

Upvote 0
Can you further explain what you mean by, considering an action when Excel is on multiple monitors.
What I meant was scenarios like these. Suppose that you have two monitors
  1. With Excel workbook A open on monitor 1 and Excel workbook B open on monitor 2 and you call up the search box, which monitor would you want it on?
  2. With Excel workbook C only open but stretched across both monitors and you call up the search box, which monitor would you want it on?
I don't use a Mac so I will definitely not have an answer for you, just suggesting further things that you may need to consider.

Upvote 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back