Populate a form-like dashboard using data from a spreadsheet.

ewenardus

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all!

I have info in a spreadsheet that relates to monthly reports of different Projects:

1621455520522.png

And I need to show this data in a more friendly sort of form-like way:

1621455597451.png

The data and form are both in the same workbook.

Each "form" should populate with the info from a specific row from the spreadsheet, and I would like to be able to change the info shown on the form simply by clicking a button. I imagine this is possible with quite a simple Macro, but I just haven't found one out there.

It would be a pluss if after populating the form with the required data for a specific project, I could then click another button to export that as an image or pdf.

The numbers in the A column in the spreadsheet would be my unique ID, as each project will complete there data monthly.

Anyone with any ideas?

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
This is a case of wanting someone else to develop an app for free. What you want to do is very doable and there is a lot of information on various forums to help develop this but asking for someone to do it for free is not appreciated.

Upvote 0
Sorry you read it like that - never expected someone to develop an app for me for free, just wanted to be pointed in the right direction with this. I spent quite some time trying to solve this on my own first, and as I didn't come across a solution I posted my querry. If you could just point me towards those forums you mentioned I'll manage from there: the thing is I don't even know how to call this that I need. Again sorry.

Upvote 0
I recommend as a first effort to google search for "Excel VBA Dashboard". Then check out some of the links there. I will be willing to help "coach" you as you find things that might work for you. How conversant are you with VBA?

I apologize for the tone of my post earlier. We want to help but when there is very little info to go on it is very hard to even "point you in the right direction".

As an aside, note my signature line below. I have operated by that sentiment for almost 40 years.

Upvote 0
No problem, and thanks for the advice. I'll check that out - not very conversant with vba but I'll see what I can manage. Cheers!

Upvote 0
It doesn't look like an actual form......Is it simply a range of cells setup to look like a Form / dashboard ??
To populate cells on the "Form" you would need to provide much more information.....
Sheet names, cell ranges, how you want them to change, etc.
I'd suggest either using the XL2BB link in my signature to share real data OR upload the file to a hosting site, ie, DropBox for instance, then post the link back here for other posters to provide input and assistance......but we would still need the previously mentioned infromation

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back