populating a dynamic array based on cell criteria.

gordsky

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

im struggling with arrays and admit I dont fully understand the syntax so any help would be appreciated
We have a spreadsheet with staff name on in columnA and dates accross B2:H2. staff basically put an x in the relevant row/column showing availability for overtime.
The sheet cells are the coloured green for those selected (manually not through a formatting.)

So management then want all people selected for each day pasted onto a different sheet which is then sent to the duty manager for the day.

So I know it can be done (and how to) by filtering and then copy/paste or by looping though each cell in column and pasting to the relevant to new sheet one by one.

Instead of those I would like to loop through the range and create an array (if thats the correct term) to then paste in one go to the new sheet.
The data collected would need to be the name from columnA&relevantrow as well as columnK&relevantrow.

Ive figured out how to create an array for cells meeting the criteria in columnA for a fixed array size (1 to 6) for example but what I figure out is how to do that and take the info from both columns and also for a non fixed size. Can anyone help

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Hi

If you would opt out of a crosstabular layout and go go for a list of records then it is just simple filtering - either by name or by date.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back