Populating Calendar From Call Log

Dan5977

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2010
Hi all.

I'm creating a call log for those staff who are on flexible furlough so we can monitor which days everyone is working and also have a centralised record of the contact.

So the call log is something like this (tab is named 'Call log'):
call log.JPG

The tricky bit, however is populating the calendar - here's an extract of the calendar (tab is named 'Calendar':
calendar.JPG

So as you can see, I intend for us to input a date commencing and a date ending to give a range of dates that the employee is in the office. For that range I want each date that a person is in the office to have the word "In" in the relevant cell on the calendar. Other cells can remain blank. I've omitted weekends from the calendar.

That's difficult enough but please bear in mind that we could be bringing people back several times during the month. I considered using a VLOOKUP but that would only pick up the first result for each staff member. If we call them in several times during the month I need every day to be included.

I hope that makes sense and would be really grateful for any assistance.

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Hi Sandy.

I need to be able to have the full month calendar (except weekends) and be able to see at a glance who is in and who isn't on each invididual day so unfortunately not.

Upvote 0
but in particular case, eg. 01/07/2020 ==> 05/08/2020 it would be a long list of dates?
or there will be one month only?

btw. what is the logic for 09/07/2020 in the result table? it doesn't exist in the source

Upvote 0
but in particular case, eg. 01/07/2020 ==> 05/08/2020 it would be a long list of dates?
or there will be one month only?

We will do it month by month, so I'll just copy the spreadsheet for August and start again. Ideally the calendar will just say "In" next to a persons name for each date they are in.

Upvote 0
ok, I'll try
btw. are you able to use Power Query? update your profile to show your Excel version, please

edit:
could you post an example of the result from your source (post#1)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ok, I'll try
btw. are you able to use Power Query? update your profile to show your Excel version, please
No, sorry I'm not and I'm stuck with excel 2010 for the moment. We were about to upgrade to office365 but lockdown has delayed it. Will update - thanks for the tip.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back