Populating items from the lists based on conditions in separate worksheet

Nevermore97

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello all,

I am in the process of learning VBA and needed help on the captioned item for one of my self-learning projects.

I have various groups (color, animals, fruits etc.) and trying to populate the list of the components (red, blue, green, lion, tiger, apple, banana etc.) within those groups. My main worksheet ("Main") has Column A with all of the items within the list and Column B that shows which group they pertain to e.g. Cell A2 is Red, Cell B2 is Color, similarly, Cell A5 is Lion, Cell B5 is Animal.

My summary sheet ("Summary") is where I need VBA help. I am looking to have a list of all the colors in the Main worksheet when the Color cell is chosen in the Summary worksheet. So e.g. if users select Fruit in Cell A5 (Input box), all the Rows below that cell automatically populates the list of fruits from Main worksheet.

Really appreciate some guidance in moving in the right direction with this. TIA !

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
At the moment, I can easily populate the items within the sub-group through a pivot table / filter but needed to learn a way to do it through VBA as part of learning. Appreciate any help. Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back