Possible countif or unique(filter function required

ollyhughes1982

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi all,

I have the ‘All Completed VS’ worksheet (screenshot below and link attached).

Main.jpg

The worksheet shows all of the volunteering roles that I have completed at various different parkruns. From this, I am looking to populate the ‘All Completed VS - VRE-I.’ worksheet (worksheet highlighted in red). i.e. List all of the different volunteer roles that I have completed in column B. Then, in column C, to show at how many unique events I have completed each role. I would like the data to be sorted descending, according the value in column C.

I have populated the cells with some manual data, just to show the kind of thing I am after (see screenshot, below).

Worksheet.jpg

Link to file is here: parkrun - Volunteering Example.xlsx

Thanks in advance,

Olly.

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
How about
Excel Formula:
=LET(u,UNIQUE(FILTER('All Completed VS'!E4:E500,'All Completed VS'!E4:E500<>"")),SORT(CHOOSE({1,2},u,SUMIFS('All Completed VS'!AZ4:AZ500,'All Completed VS'!E4:E500,u)),{2,1},{-1,1}))

Upvote 0
Solution
How about
Excel Formula:
=LET(u,UNIQUE(FILTER('All Completed VS'!E4:E500,'All Completed VS'!E4:E500<>"")),SORT(CHOOSE({1,2},u,SUMIFS('All Completed VS'!AZ4:AZ500,'All Completed VS'!E4:E500,u)),{2,1},{-1,1}))
Thanks Fluff, that worked great. Would you also know the solution to fill in the number in the yellow highlighted cell, please? I have manually inputted it, at present. I think the logic is to find the first row where the values in column A and C are equal. Thanks again.

Screenshot 2021-11-17 at 13.49.34.jpg

Upvote 0
What would the result be if you had only been a Marshal 3 times & not 4, or been a Number Checker 4 times?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What would the result be if you had only been a Marshal 3 times & not 4, or been a Number Checker 4 times?
Hi. It's not the total number of times, it's the total number of events at which they have completed. I will upload two different versions with your examples

Upvote 0
Can you please just answer the question.

Upvote 0
Ok, how about
Excel Formula:
=SUM(--(SEQUENCE(ROWS(B4#))<=INDEX(B4#,,2)))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back