Possible COUNTIF solution

ollyhughes1982

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi,

I wonder if anyone might be able to help with some formulas, please. I have an existing table (columns A & B) that work perfectly, counting how many runs I have completed at each different parkrun venue. However, I would now like to some extra columns (C-G), but am not sure of how I calculate them. At the moment I have inserted the formulas that calculate what I want, but for all events, whereas I want them to calculate for the relevant event in that row.

So, what I essentially want to do is to keep the same calculation for each of the C-G columns, but with something added into the formula so that it is calculated only for that particular row's event.

At present, I have the following in columns C-G, which calculate correctly, but for all events:
  • In A3: =IFERROR(UNIQUE(FILTER('All Completed Runs'!C3:C2002,'All Completed Runs'!E3:E2002<>"")),"")
  • In B3: =IF(A3="","",COUNTIF('All Completed Runs'!C:C,A3#))
  • In C3: =IF(A3="","",OFFSET(INDEX('All Completed Runs'!E3:E2002,MATCH(MAX('All Completed Runs'!E3:E2002),'All Completed Runs'!E3:E2002,FALSE)),0,21))
  • In D3: =IF(A3="","",IFERROR(TEXT(SMALL('All Completed Runs'!Z3:Z2002,COUNTIF('All Completed Runs'!Z3:Z2002,0)+1),"HH:MM:SS"),""))
  • In E3: =IF(A3="","",AVERAGE('All Completed Runs'!Z3:Z2002))
  • In F3: =IF(A3="","",MAX('All Completed Runs'!Z3:Z2002))
  • In G3: =IF(A3="","",IFERROR(MODE('All Completed Runs'!Z3:Z2002),"N/A - None / Multiple"))
Is it something really simple like just adding in a COUNTIF somewhere in each formula? I have tried a a few things, but without success.

Thanks in advance!

I have attached a link to the file via Google Drive:

parkrun - My parkrun Record (Oliver Hughes - A132324) WORKING.xlsx

Screenshot 2020-08-07 at 10.47.46.jpg

Also posted on Excel Forum: Possible COUNTIF solution

These both worked perfectly, thanks. How / where would the MINIFS, MAXIFS & AVERAGEIFS go in the other formulae, please?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
They don't go in another formula, you just use them on their own.

Upvote 0
Now that I have my workbook working fully, I am now looking to try and reduce calculation time / file size (it’s now 31mb). I’m guessing I could likely replace most of my index match formulae with xlookup? Will this save a lot of calculation / file size?

Upvote 0
I suspect that you would be wasting your time, you have so many formulae in there that you have almost certainly exceeded Excel's ability to track them & therefore your entire workbook is volatile.
This means that whenever you change anything, all the formulae will re-calculate.
I feel you would have been better off using a database.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back