Possible IF selection to populate a list

ollyhughes1982

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi all,

I have a workbook in which I keep records of all of my parkruns and associated challenges etc. (Some of you may be familiar with my previous queries whilst developing this workbook). One such type of challenge is completing ’Regions’ all over the world (in this example, ‘East Midlands’ in the UK. In the workbook, this region’s worksheet is called ‘All Completed Runs - EM R (UK)’.

The challenge requires completing all 43 parkruns within the UK region of ‘East Midlands’ and which are a currently an active event. i.e. Within the ‘parkrun Reader Dump’ worksheet (which contains all of the parkrun source data), the following three criteria need to be satisfied:

• The ‘Country’ (Column D) needs to be ‘United Kingdom’
  • The ‘Region’ (Column L) needs to be ‘East Midlands’
  • The Event needs to be an active one - (Column N - ‘Active Event (Venue)?’) needs to be populated with a ‘1’

At present I just copy / paste the list of parkruns for the region, from the relevant area within the ‘parkrun Reader Dump’ worksheet. So, I just want to automate what I currently do via a manual copy / paste process - which can become quite time consuming, as I have many of these regions in the workbook.

Additionally, I would like them listed alphabetically, as they currently are, in the manually populated version.

I believe the date column should work as it does at present - i.e. Display the first date that I did that particular event, otherwise appear blank.

I’ve highlighted what I think are relevant worksheets in yellow

Link to workbook (One Drive): parkrun Regions Example.xlsx

Apologies the workbook’s large and may take up to a minute to open. - I can’t cut it down in size for this example, as there are so many interlinked worksheets etc. that are required for it to work.

Thanks in advance!

Olly.

In that case I don't understand what you are doing. Why are you trying to filter a sheet to get a single result, that is already in the formula?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back