Possible Index Match Count Formula Help

Celticshadow

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Forum

I am hoping forum may be able to help me with a formula concerning two lists I have which are growing by the day.

The first list contains a horse trainers name in one column with alonside in the adjacent column has a number which reflects the amount of runners said trainer has ran in last x amount of days. The second list has a list of horse trainers and alonside in the adjacent columns are the result (numerical placing) and the name of the horse the result corresponds to. What I would like to do is count how many fig 1's are associated with the trainers in second list and match them up to trainers name in first list and place the result of count next to the amount of runners column in first list. I have attached an example to hopefully make things appear a little clearer.

For example if I filter list two for R M Becket I can physically count that he has had 12 wins (or number 1's) and I would like to place that figure 12 after the count in col C in first list next to his name.

I thanks forum in advance for any help received and look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Attachments

• Snapshot of Both Lists.png
    Snapshot of Both Lists.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Filtered List for eg.png
    Filtered List for eg.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 7

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Try this -

Excel Formula:
=COUNTIFS(D:D,A3,E:E,"1")
Hi Sanjay

Many thanks for your reply it is much appreciated. Unfortunately when I enter your formula I end up with the answer "True* instead of 12 which is the number of wins associated with R M Becket.

Regards

Upvote 0
Hi Sanjay

Yes sure no problem please see attached snapshot showing formula entered.

Regards

Attachments

• Show Formula.png
    Show Formula.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 6
Upvote 0
You missed quotes around 1. Try this -

Excel Formula:
=COUNTIFS(D:D,A3,E:E,"1")
Hi Sanjay

Please accept my sincere apologies you are of course perfectly correct and I am delighted to say your solution works a treat, many many thanks for taking time out to kindly share your time and expertise it is much appreciated. Superb.

Regards

Upvote 0
Hi Sanjay

Please accept my sincere apologies you are of course perfectly correct and I am delighted to say your solution works a treat, many many thanks for taking time out to kindly share your time and expertise it is much appreciated. Superb.

Regards
Glad to help you

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richa mishra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back