Possible to create a stacked and clustered column together? I'm having difficult with my data.

SleightOfHand

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm not sure if I'm using the correct terminology here, but basically, here is my set of data:

Book1
CDEFGHIJKL
7Demand
8Year202120292050Seating CapacityStanding CapacityTotal Capacity
10Line 180300600500200700
11Line 270150200500200700
12Line 390180270500200700
13Line 4100250450400100500
Sheet1

I'm looking at capacity constraints for a train service. What I would like to do is have the x-axis display the four lines, with each line having a cluster of the yearsn that I have assembled. Then I'm looking to see if I can stack the actual capacity on them; so, we can see that the Line 1 has a demand of 80 people for the initial year, 300 for the next, and 600 for the final. The seating capacity here is 500, standing is 200, so total is 700. I don't know if this is possible, but for the demand of 80 for example, there would be a big chunk of bar attached to it for the seating, and a small for standing. When we get to the final year though, then the seating portion would be 'covered', so now we have standing capacity to look at for availability. I can do a rough example in Paint to see what I mean!

At the moment I can get a clustered column, but the capacity will be next to all of the years and not stacked on top. This aesthetics aren't as nice.

What we would ultimately see is four points on the axis (for the total lines) and three years per those points/lines.

I could do it in %, but I would like to do the actual numerical values and visually tell if demand is encroaching on capacity.

Thanks to all...

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Hi, take a look on Jon Peltier's website. He has a tutorial on the topic. Google clustered stacked chart.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mesh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back