Possible to create Personal.xlsb strictly with vba macro code?

johnnyL

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
For my next wishful thinking ... Is it possible to create this module in excel with just vba code? Everything I have read says that you have to start a macro recording for that folder and then stop the recording. This will autocreate the PERSONAL.XLSB module. Macro code to start and stop the recording, for that matter?

Any thoughts on a vba macro approach to do this?

If that seemingly impossible task is not doable, can a PERSONAL.XLSB file be copied from one computer to another? If so, would the versions of excel have to match? IE. could you copy an excel 2007 PERSONAL.XLSB file to a computer with excel 2016, for example? Would the operating systems involved matter?

Reason I am asking because I would like to set this up on the spouses computer at work. She doesn't know what version of excel she uses, much less if she has the PERSONAL.XLSB module already on there. I could go to her work and set this all up for her, but I was wondering if some macro code could do it for her, and me for that matter.

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
I have copied personal.xlsb from one computer to another without issue. The two computers were using different versions of Excel.

Upvote 0
Thank you @alansidman for that comment. Do you recall if the file you copied replaced the file on the other computer, or was it a 'new' file that hadn't previously existed.

Upvote 0
Thank you for that info! That may then, be an avenue worth looking into.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back