Post Excel file w/ macros on web page

Petman

I post a file on a web page that users can go into, get information and leave. I have tried to build navigational tools that allow users to go directly to their specific data without having to search for it. Problem is, the code works perfectly when Excel opened directly (in Excel, File, Open...) , but this file is being opened via a web link.

When navigation is employed, process goes through the steps as written, but page does not refresh.

Any thoughts?

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Is your navigation via buttons+VBA code? Or hyperlinks. Hyperlinks, I think would work. I'd be surprised if VBA would work.

Upvote 0
VBA code & Buttons

It's through Buttons & code. Part of the code is to define a hyperlink and go there. But it still doesn't refresh the page.

Upvote 0
The user is downloading the file and viewing in Excel? Or viewing the file in a browser like IE or Netscape? 'cuz AFAIK browsers don't run VBA. IE will do VBScript and Javascript. Netscape does Javascript, don't know about VBScript. So hyperlinks would be the way to go.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back