Posting array of strings to formulaarray property

WillT

I have a large number of formulas that need to be entered into a spreadsheet using VBA. I can write regular formulas to a range with a variant array but when I try to do the same thing with the ForumulaArray property of the range it changes the formulas rather than simply interring the formulas into the cells are given in the array. Can this even be done? Thanks for your help

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
You have not given us much to go on there. What are you assigning to the FormulaArray property? What are they being changed to after the code enters them into your cell? What did you want to be entered into the cell?

Something I've posted in the past which may help in the future when posting questions to forums like this one...
One thing you must keep in mind when you ask a question in a forum... the people you are asking to help you know absolutely nothing about your data, absolutely nothing about how it is laid out in the workbook, absolutely nothing about what you want done with it and absolutely nothing about how whatever it is you want done is to be presented back to you as a result... you must be very specific about describing each of these areas, in detail, and you should not assume that we will be able to "figure it out" on our own. Remember, you are asking us for help... so help us to be able to help you by providing the information we need to do so, even if that information seems "obvious" to you (remember, it is only obvious to you because of your familiarity with your data). To sum up... we only know what you tell us, nothing more.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the ambiguous post. I have since figured it out. It was a rather complex situation related to the calculations for quadratic discriminant analysis and was too complex to describe fully and since it is part of a proprietary software package I could not post the code. I was just hoping for some insight in terms of whether or not it was possible. I now know that it is. Thanks for your cooperation and I hope I have not wasted anyone's time.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oculus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back