Posting Screen Prints to Questions

tomlinsn

Board Regular
I have a basic question that I haven't figured out. How do I post (paste) a screen print to a message I am posting? I see the Insert Image icon in the ribbon, but when selected it prompts for a URL. How do I post a picture stored locally on my computer to the question I am posting?

Thank you in advance,
Tom

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
You can't, you need to upload it to a file share site.
However images are often of little value, as any potential helper will then have to re-create your data.
You would be better of using one of the add-ins available here, that enable you to include sample data in the post. Add-ins

starl

Administrator
Office Version
365, 2019
Platform
Windows
Just to update - with the new software, you can now paste images in your posts.

Peter_SSs

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
.. and would be worth having a look at MrExcel's post here.

MARK858

Office Version
365, 2010
Platform
Windows, Mobile
Just a bit of advice for my signature block.

I have changed my forum screenshot link to this one, is it preferred to leave it as that one or put a link to Bill's post for a while (I am a bit loathe to as I would rather not encourage the posting of images rather than screenshots for the data part of Excel)?

If there is a preference then I will go with whatever that is while people are getting used to the new board.

Peter_SSs

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
If there is a preference ...
I don't think there is a considered preference, at least at this stage - it is all so new.
BTW, that has reminded me that I haven't updated my signature yet. Will have to get on to that. :eek:

MARK858

Office Version
365, 2010
Platform
Windows, Mobile
Thanks Peter, I'll leave it as it is then.
I suspect it will take a few weeks to get used to the new board (although in general so far I do like it) and probably worse for you Moderators and Admins as you will have lot of questions to answer (no doubt also a lot of work in the background).
Good thing is I'm not asking anymore questions today ;)

MARK858

Office Version
365, 2010
Platform
Windows, Mobile
Peter/Any other Admin/Moderator, can someone add Peter's old message about the 2 squares issue to the posting screenshots instructions some time as I had it when I posted earlier and AhoyNC appears to have also had the issue today.

Peter_SSs

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
the 2 squares issue
We have had some discussion about that but the issue seems to be something at the user's end and as yet we cannot pinpoint the exact issue, though a temporary resolution is easy & you have supplied that info. I have also moved that thread to About This Board

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mominul2241

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics