POWER BI - Persistent Filtering and Quickly Toggling The Filters Selected

Bali2022

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I'll start by saying I'm very new to Power BI so please be patient with me. :)

The scenario I have is I'm building a dashboard where the underlying dataset contains Customer Request information.

What I need to accomplish is as follows:

I need to create a Customer Request dashboard that shows various KPIs & visuals to the customer (e.g. length of time to complete their request #s, amount of $ each request cost them, etc.)

I then need to be able to filter the underlying customer request data (at the Power BI dashboard UI level) through a "Customer Request # Checkbox" List method. Whereby, in the dashboard UI I need a full listing of all the customer's request #s (Req123, Req456, Req 789, etc.) displayed from my dataset, and then I can simply check or uncheck a box next to each customer request #. And if the customer request # is checked then that data is reflected in the Power BI Dashboard and used in KPI calculations, and if unchecked the customer request # data is not included in the dashboard and KPI calculations. And I need this Customer Request Checkbox Listing to remain static until it's changed by the user. So, if today a user goes into the checkbox listing and they put a checkmark next to 30 out of 50 of the customer's request #s then when they close out of Power BI and go in tomorrow (or 2 weeks from now whatever) those same 30 of 50 customer request #s are selected in the checkbox listing and included in the Power BI dashboard and KPI calculations and the other 20 customer request #s are not. Now I believe this functionality is by default via the Persistent Filtering. Is that correct?

So with Persistent Filtering "on" I can select those Customer Request #s I want to continuously reflect in the Power BI Dashboard visuals. One additional piece of functionality I'm curious if Power BI can handle is as follows:
  • I select all the Customer Request #s I want to include in my dashboard visuals. So let's say my underlying customer request data table has 50 customer request #s and in my Power BI Dashboard I only select 30 of 50 to be reflected.
  • So now when I look at the dashboard the visuals and KPIs are only based on 30 of 50 customer request # records. And this will remain the case as I open and close the Power BI service overtime thanks to Persistent Filtering.
  • Now, let's say I go into Power BI and I review the dashboard with the 30 of 50 customer requests # reflected and what if after reviewing I quickly want to see the inverse of the persistent filter (e.g. the other 20 of 50 records) reflected in the dashboard, and THEN I want to quickly see all 50 of 50 records reflected and THEN quickly flip back to my original Persistent Filter of the 30 of 50 records reflected. Something akin to a toggle switch.
Do you think this is possible?

Thanks all for your time and consideration.

Best Regards - Jason

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back