Power BI pivot visual displaying in rows - column subtotal

ruthhacche

Board Regular
11 fields from 3 rows in a pivot but displaying values on rows gives the below. Non numerical data in pivot is forcing itself to First which is fine for each of my record columns - but is there any way I can now get the total to not display anything in those rows? The table columns are set to do not summarise but that does not make any difference. The only options for these fields in the visual is first last count and count (distinct).

1594812939084.png

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Hi Ruth,

One cheeky solution that comes to my mind is to change the font color of those "descriptive" fields. Simply go to Matrix Format > Field formatting > find your field name (Order Status, Order Name, Date Closed) and change the font color to match the background. Make sure that you're applying the changes only to subtotals and/or totals.

1594918030066.png

Upvote 0
Thanks Justyna. It is a shame we have to resort to such work arounds but I guess as time goes by they will sort things like this out. Probably not high on their priority list so I shall indeed do as you suggest.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back