Power Pivot: Filtering 2 fact tables based on Lookup table

Willem2904

I have 2 fact tables which I would like to filter simultaneously, based on a common column (in this case a Company name)

Let's say Fact Table 1 contains market data (e.g. how many jobs have been performed by ALL suppliers for a given company), whereas fact table 2 contains my own data (e.g. how many jobs have I performed for a given company), and I want to track how my activity has been compared to the total market.

One issue is that users have entered data manually (as opposed to using drop down menus), meaning the data contains typos.
One company called "ABC 123" can be entered as "ABC 123", "ABC123", "ABC-123" or even "ABC 1234" etc.

Market Data.PNG

My data.PNG

I added all possible company names in one table and added the "correct" company name next to it.
Lookup table.PNG

Based on this table, I have created a query where I removed the first column and removed duplicates, so I have a list of correct and unique companies.
Unique data.PNG

Then I created the following relationships:

Relationships.PNG

I then created a pivot table off Facts Table 1, and added the "Company Name New" from the "Unique Companies" query to the filter.
When I then selected a company in the filter, the data does not get filtered, as can be seen below.
Pivot.png

Anyone knows what I am doing wrong?

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back