Power Pivot measure dividing two other measures not working, please help.

Maggie Barr

Board Regular
Hello and thank you in advance if you can help,
I am using excel 2019 on a desktop, not Power Bi.

I had posted this in the Power Bi section of this forum, but I think now, because I am not using power Bi but Power Pivot in excel 2019, I should have posted it here.

I am trying to create a measure in power pivot that, despite repeated attempts, is not working. I have, in other scenarios, divided one measure by another to get a % I needed (or the decimal), but in this case, it is just returning a “1” in each cell in the pivot. I am trying to create a % calculation for each species according to a breeding category within a Region & BlockType. I created a measure that provides me the distinct count of the number of species within each breeding category (Confirmed, Probable, and Possible) for each Region & BlockType, and another measure that provides me the distinct count of the number of species for each Region and BlockType in total. In the past, I could just divide one measure by the other, and once in the pivot table change it to a percent, but this one just won’t work.

Below is the formula for the other measures I created that work fine (measure name is underlined):

Region; BlockType % Blocks Completed = BrdingBird_Blocks_Completed_Summary[Sum of # Blocks Completed]/BrdingBird_Atlas_Blocks_Full_Working[Region; BlockType TOTAL # Blocks]

Region; BlockType % Blocks w/Data
= Data_All_Records[Region; BlockType # Blocks w/Data]/BrdingBird_Atlas_Blocks_Full_Working[Region; BlockType TOTAL # Blocks]

BUT, the one I can’t get to work is:

Region; BlockType % of species in breeding type = Data_All_Records[Region; BlockType # Species Recorded by breeding category]/Data_All_Records[Region; BlockType # Species Reported]

I am afraid I don’t know how to word this better, but if anyone has any idea why I am only getting a “1” in the pivot field versus the decimal I should get, please advise.
Thank you for your time if you can help.

The files are large and I cannot share, but here is a link for a small chunk of the pivot output (3 actually) in a word document with some highlights to see what I am talking about.

https://app.box.com/s/u1dkibvn4i3b41atoskcdlfu0ge7567s

Sincerely,
Maggie

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottdog129

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back