Power Pivot Relationship Not working causing data not to filter

DMfba

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have what I believe is a relationship error in Power Pivot that I can’t seem to figure out. I am attempting to combine multiple excel files and access tables using a unique list of customer vendor numbers. The goal is select the customer vendor number and have other Pivot tables filter based on that selection.

I loaded the various tables into power query, and made sure all of the formatting is correct. Next, I open Power Pivot and set the relationships from my Main Vendor list (unique IDs) over to the different tables. The plan is to use a slicer to filter the various pivot tables. However, there is 1 out of the 5 pivot tables that will not work properly. Basically, this table will not filter. The relationship in power query is connected to this table.

Does anyone have any suggestions on to check for? I created all of the different tables in the same manner and connected them in the same way. If I add the vendor # field to this last table, I can see the filter change as I change the slicer, but the data does not. It will only display the entire data table.

Thank You,

my (natural) order is
  1. add table(s) to Data Model
  2. create relationships
  3. create pivot table
  4. create slicer (if necessary)
  5. you can prepare proper tables in Power Query before point 1
honestly I really don't know what are you doing there so try to resolve it yourself. no pain, no gain ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Hi Sandy,

Thank you for your help. I rebuilt the file and its working properly. I don't have a real answer as to why it didn't work the first time. The only thing I can think of that I might have overlooked. Its possible I could of tested the table without the measurements in place. If I did, then it won't filter.

Thank you for the help, it did double checking my steps and making sure tables are correct.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rik81h

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back