Power Pivot (Smart Tag ! Range Error) - H:MM:SS not functioning in Values

zgoldflo

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I created a Power Pivot table (I checked the 'add this to the Data Model' box). I have this Smart Tag (Yellow Diamond !) error showing up next to my Range.

1641411847532.png

My source Data is currently in a Table format. The only function I tried to do which may have triggered this error might have been a DAX function in which I was trying to insert a =Median formula for one of my columns (DAX function since deleted). Or when I had dragged a column named ride_length (data formatted as h:mm:ss) into the values section

1641412577787.png

The main issue (which I have encountered before) is that when dragging the ride_length column into the Values section and formatting it to h:mm:ss and then trying to get the Average - the Average option is grayed and not allowing it as an option. I have another Pivot Table in the same workbook (different sheet) connected to the same data source (before the Data Source was formatted into a Table) and I was able to fix this issue. But for some reason once I changed my data source into a Table format I have been having issues.

1641412801631.png

I duplicated the issue a number of times. It seems to be that when I select 'add this to the Data Model' box the Pivot Table cannot compute the h:mm:ss as an Average? Any help would be appreciated!

Also, I can't take any Mini Sheet shots of the excel file it keeps on crashing....

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
I expect that the simplest way is to select the ride duration column in the data model and make it the decimal data type
You can then perform whatever operation you want in the pivot table and apply the number format > time > hh:mm:ss in the pivot

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ak94

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back