Power Pivot to Dashboard problem

nikwak

At the moment I am having a huge problem trying to figure something out and I feel it is going to be either a PowerPivot and slice job but can’t figure out how to get the chart to show on the results in the dashboard.

I have a load of data that has come from different cities and venues in those cities regarding their ticket sales (theatre). I need to pull all that data together and then present it as a dashboard where the recipient can choose one of the combinations and get a line chart showing the trend of sales that occurred.

I have put a link to a copy of the draft spreadsheet I am using to try and figure it out (also jpgs). On the data sheet – Column A is the City, Column B, the Venue name (there are different venues at the same city), Column C the name of the production (different productions visit the same city), Column D the year of the visit. Column E is the potential number of seats that can be sold at that venue and columns F onwards are the individual weeks that the tickets were on sale and what was sold in those weeks.

Ideally I would like to have the Dashboard something like in the Chart sheet and the viewer to choose the city, venue, production and year but in the same way as they would if the data was under a filter (as in the data sheet) So, if they chose Glasgow as the city in the drop down, the only option (at the moment) would be Theatre Royal in the second drop down and two choices on the production, which they could pick to show a graph with the trend of the sales from that row on the data sheet. Does all that make sense?

I’ve tried Offset with Match but that doesn’t seem to work and as for trying to get a graph for each line in the data sheet – well, forget it! I don’t even mind if it turned out to be a line graph without the potential column in it but, at the minute I am completely frazzled and at a loss as to where to turn next. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I would be very grateful.

Nick

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back