Power Point Template- Star Wars

Dwrecks

Good Afternoon...

I'm a geek and I would like to make a rolling Powerpoint similar to the opening credits in the Star Wars movies.

Wondering if anyone already has this? or Knows how to set up the text to roll that way?

DS

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Hello DS,

Funny you should mention this, I was at a family reunion and my uncle created a powerpoint show which featured a lot of family history, videos, pictures and music which played along. It had an opening sequence much like the beginning of Star Wars, along with the whole episode theme to it which coincided with different times in my families life. It was very special. I'll see if I can get some info on that for you.

Upvote 0
Derek, the template my family used was from Microsoft MovieMaker and it's part of the titles animation. Ran just like a PowerPoint though. Sorry for any confusion.

Upvote 0
There's a Word Art button on the drawing toolbar (or Insert | Picture> | Word Art... from the menu). Word Art has an option (3<sup>rd</sup> column, 4<sup>th</sup> row for me) that approximates that text style. I think you could use custom animation and apply an entrance, movement or exit effect that would get you there. I just briefly played with an exit animation, placing the textbox below the slide and customized the timing to 8 seconds and doing a "fly out" exit out the top. It doesn't shrink off into the distance. I think you'd need to create a bunch of boxes and control their position, visibility & font with a macro if you wanted to actually make the text grow smaller and smaller as it scrolled up the slide.

HTH

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbone Mathonsi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back