Power Query - Changing Time to Decimal

HCW1966

Hi There,

Please hopefully someone can help. The issue i have in Power Query is the following i have rows of data that are extracted from a report. The report for example shows 9:30 which is 9 hrs 30 mins, when this is uploaded to Power Query i change the "Change Type" to Decimal Number, so that it now shows 9.3, however i want it to show 9.5 is there a way i can do this in Power Query?

Its easy enough on a spreadsheet doing it with a formula for example 9.3 (9 Hrs 30 mins) in cell A1 to convert it to 9.5 as a decimal by doing the following formula =dollarde(A1,60) and viola its now 9.5

The reason why i need this done is because i am adding up these numbers again for example 9 hrs 30 mins + 9 hrs 30 mins = 18 hours, however 9.3 + 9.3 = 18.6, i want it to be 9.5 + 9.5 = 19

Dont get ne wrong i can manually do this using formula on a spreadsheet, however it would be great if i could do this in Power Query.

kind regards H

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Are you sure the original values were actually time values rather than text?

When I set up a column with time values in it and then goto Power Query I get the decimal representation of the times in the Time column.

e.g. for 9:30 I get 0.3958333

Upvote 0
Are you sure the original values were actually time values rather than text?

When I set up a column with time values in it and then goto Power Query I get the decimal representation of the times in the Time column.

e.g. for 9:30 I get 0.3958333
Hi Norie, You are correct the values are imported as Text and i change it to decimal in the change type

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back