Power query - cross join - net discounted cash flow

michiel_soede

Dear all,

Question. I have a table with contract start dates and contract end dates. I want to cross join this in power query with a table containing all months from 1/1/2019 to 31/12/2039 which are potentially the months in which payments can be done under the contracts.

Is there a way in which I can limit the cross join to only the periods that fall in the specific contracts? So for example if one contract runs from jan-19 to dec-25 I only want those months to be expanded in the cross join and not other months which are not lying that contract period. Obviously this can vary per contract.

A related question would be if I need to calculate for many contracts (15k x multiple items per contract x the number of periods that fall in the contract) the discounted cash flows under the contract how quick is such an operation via powerquery? I don't have a good feeling about how quick power query is with handling such large operations if I will built something in powerquery.

Thanks in advance,

Michiel

Last edited:

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leah Ashley

This Week's Hot Topics

• Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop
    Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop I have tried this below code but i'm getting in Y column filled with W005. Colud you please...
  • MsgBox Error
    Hi Guys, I have the below error show up when i try and run my macro in File1 but works fine if i copy and paste the same code into file2. [ATTACH...
  • CELL FORMAT - IF CONDITION
    My Cell Format is [B]""0.00" Cr". [/B]But in the cell, it is showing 123.00 for editing. (123 is entry figure). (Data imported from other...
  • Show numbers nearly the same
    Is this possible. I have a number that can change very time eg 0.00001234 Then I have a lot of numbers 0.0000001, 0.0000002, 0.00000004...
  • Please i need your help to create formula
    I need a formula in cell B8 to do this >>if b1=1 then multiply ( cell b8) by 10% ,if b1=2 multiply by 20%,if=3 multiply by 30%. Thank you in...
  • Got error while adding column and filter
    Got error while adding column and filter In column Z has some like "Success" and "Error". I want to add column in AA if the Z cell value is...