Power Query Does Not Import Multiple PDF Pages

legalhustler

Yeah, I just want to combine all table objects from PDFs from a folder. The columns of the tables is in the Contents column which when I expand only shows the records of the first table object of each PDF and is missing the rest of the tables. Only workaround I see is if I connect via "PDF" data source instead of from "Folder."

Last edited:

sandy666

try this way:

Folder
Load
on the left click Data icon
Edit Queries
Remove rows
right click Binary (column content)
Drill down
Column Data
Expand columns

because I don't have many files I did it for two files (one removed) second with 12 pages

Last edited:

legalhustler

When I right click and Drill Down the Content column it creates a List in one column and I can drill down any of the Binary and expand the table objects, but I can't seem to drill down all of Binary at once so all the fields from each PDF are combined. Hope I'm articulating it so that it makes sense.

Last edited:

sandy666

my fault :)

right click on the first binary - add as new query then dbl click on the file icon
back to the top
right click on the second binary - add as new query then dbl click on the file icon
and so on...
select column Data (with Tables) and expand in each query
now you will have a few queries which can be merged/appended

easier will be if you merge these pdfs with Adobe Acrobat and import data from single pdf file ;)

Last edited:

legalhustler

I have 235 PDFs, manually adding as new query will take too much time. That's a great idea about merging the PDFs with Adobe Acrobat (which I have). Let's see how it turns. Stay tuned. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kalcerro_1

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics